Test with 3 images

Test with 3 images

Cruise Monkey?

Cruise Monkey started as a joke with my co-workers. I said I was willing to work as much overtime as was needed to help pay for our trip – the trip had become the “monkey on our back”. And in a creative moment, I cut and pasted together our cruise monkey. He’s actually Captain Stubing from the series “The Love Boat” with the happy monkey face overlaid. That seemed appropriate since we're sailing on a Princess Cruise. Stare into his eyes too long and you just might book a cruise too!

Saturday, 21 June 2014

Taking a "long" vacation

As we prepare for this trip, I can't get over the fact that we'll be off work for three solid weeks. Not only is that unusual for us, I think it's a record! Our usual pattern is to take a week off in Spring and another in Fall.  And the past few years, many of our vacation weeks have been related to moving or getting ready to move -- hardly a rest.

But this!  Three weeks all at once! It sounds like such a long time.

Except that by European standards, our vacation is not long at all. It's normal.  Maybe even short.

I ran across this article online -- "See You in a Month: Why Americans Need to Get Serious About Vacations".  Maybe we should.  I'm certainly looking forward to the experiment this September!


No comments:

Post a Comment